« Protein Chips and My Wife |
| Neurowarfare: A Non-lethal Second Chance? »
March 27, 2003
Biochips, Brain Imaging and Behavior
Just as the Information Revolution has been driven by increasingly powerful microprocessors, the coming Biological Revolution will be driven by a "whole biochip" that enables consistent control over biological analysis and production. This whole biochip will contain currently disparate and still developing technologies, making possible the inexpensive analysis of the three most important levels of biological analysis: DNA, RNA and proteins.
The convergence of information acquired from the whole biochip and advanced brain imaging technology will provide the resolution needed to develop new tools to influence human behavior. By combining data on cellular biochemical processes with information on the specific location of neuron interactions a robust understanding of how the human brain operates will emerge.
This information will represent a profound leap in our understanding of how each individuals brain works giving rise to a whole new class of what today are referred to as neuropsychopharmaceuticals. Tomorrow these neuroceuticals, as they will be called, will drive societal change.
| Category: Protein/Gene Chips
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Chinese Cover of The Neuro Revolution
- The Neuro Revolution Lands In China
- How Neuroscience Will Change the World - My Interview on Reason.tv
- Neuroscience Hearing on Capitol Hill Wednesday Sept 29, 2pm
- The Neuro Revolution Published in Japan as "Neuro Wars"
- Neurotech 2010: Translational Researchers Highlight Innovation
- The Neuro Revolution in China Progressing
- Speakers for Neurotech 2010 - Boston, May 19-20